10 Day Negative Thought Fast
Would you like a simple way to really change your life? Instead of merely getting by, you’ll find that your life can truly be exceptional when you focus on positive solutions rather than the constraints of your challenges.
This 10 Day Negative Thought Fast, originated by Emmett Fox, one of the most popular self-help authors and speakers of the early 20th century, is an adventure you’ll reap many benefits from.
Here are the rules:.
1. If you break any of the other rules, you must start the 10 days over from the beginning. To get the full effect, you must complete 10 consecutive days. Giving up negative thoughts is a little like giving up a drug; you’ve got to stop using them completely, otherwise you haven’t truly quit.
2. You can not focus on a negative thought or remain in a negative emotional state for more than five minutes. Remember, even one instance of lingering for more than five minutes means starting over.
3. You must focus on solutions. When the negative thoughts start, the idea is to immediately start contemplating possible solutions. Spend your time solving your challenges instead of focusing on them.
- If you’re like most people, you’ve probably had the same challenges for quite a while without resolution. It’s time to try something else instead of dwelling on what’s wrong.
This sounds deceptively easy, but you may be surprised how difficult it is to give up negativity. We tend to think that worrying helps in some way. But you’ve probably been worrying about a lot of things for a long time and they haven’t improved. When you’re faced with a negative thought (and there will be many!), the best response is to think to yourself, “How can I improve this challenge or solve?”.
The point is to immediately begin focusing on solutions. When you ask a good question, you’ll receive good answers.
Over the 10 days, you’ll begin to form a habit of immediately recognizing a negative mental state and then focusing on solutions for what you feel negatively about. You’ll develop a permanent habit that will only require a minimal amount of maintenance if you continue the process after the 10 days are completed.
You might need several attempts to complete the full 10 days. Remember, you’re focusing on solutions.
Taking Your Focus Away From A Negative Thought One way to help keep the negative thoughts at bay is to ask you positive questions like the following:
- What’s great about today?
- What do I like the most about this?
- What am I most proud of?
- What am I most looking forward to?
There’s no room for the negative stuff if you’re filling your mind with positive thoughts. And since we can only consciously think about one thing at a time, making the most out of your thoughts makes sense.
If it doesn’t change your life, try this 10-day adventure and see. You’ll be so amazed at the results that you’ll never want to go back to the old way of dwelling on the challenges in your life. So start this process today and change your life for the better by getting rid of your negative thought patterns.